Thursday, November 03, 2011

Gimme Green


When I was growing up in Korea, Grass meant, "KEEP AWAY" or "DO NOT ENTER".
If you walk into the grass in Korea, it's almost like you let your pet poo in the park and not cleaning after them. No, actually it's more like walking through the fresh cement.

Once I invited a whole bunch of my classmates to my place to work on the group project, kids were being kids and they were running around on the grass and wrestling. As I was watching those precious green grasses were sticking on their whole body, I freaked out and did my best to stop them but it was too late. My dad already saw everything and I got into a big trouble. After that incident, I was banned from inviting anyone over.

When I came to Canada, it took me a while to get used to walking on the grass without feeling guilty. I think I still feel little bad especially when I walk on the perfect green grass. What I learned is that people can get obsessed with ridiculous things, such as trying to find the perfect green shade of scarves like ME! So, I can't judge anyone who are obsessed with keeping their grass green - especially my parents.

No comments: